Thursday, August 25, 2011

Home Again

I am so happy to be in Port Townsend, WA this week, visiting my Second Parents - Mark and Marci; their two four year-old "golden girls", Betsy and Belle; and two kitties, Shadow and Aly. My spiritual connection with animals - especially dogs - was truly awakened when I lived with M and M in Gig Harbor just after high school. I love being with others whose love for animals sets the fundamental tone for the connection between us. Spending time with Mark and Marci always means lots of forest hiking with the dogs, throwing sticks in rivers, lakes and inlets of Puget Sound...and cozy evenings in the yurt. Sadly, Belle's ACL is torn, so she is out of commission for hiking and running around. But today, Marci and I took Betsy into Olympic National Forest and hiked to a beautiful waterfall. I see the next book already, in what I hope will become a series: "A Dog's Life...in the Pacific Northwest." Eventually I would love to make a "Dog's Life" book to showcase the dogs, and the unique natural environment, of every state in this country, and regions in different countries, all over the world!

No comments: