Saturday, March 13, 2010

Kili & Piko's Daily Routine with Aunty Liz

I feel very lucky to get to spend so much time with these two little monkeys.


I met their People, T. and R., when I started pet sitting for them a few years back. Well, now - I am working and actually LIVING on the property - so I get to be a sort of 'live-in pet nanny'. What's so awesome is that Piko and Kili (and the two kitties, who will someday appear on a kitty blog) are some of my closest friends. I'm serious! I really love just hanging out with them at home, watching TV, playing with various toys of the dogs', snuggling and belly-scratching...yoga. Yes, it's true, when T. and R. and I do our morning P90X workout routine, the dogs roll around on our floor mats, stick their tongues up our noses when we are in compromised poses and can't move, and lay right where our feet or hands are supposed to go when we're doing "Tree" pose or "Downward Dog". The funniest, though, is when they actually do the yoga moves themselves! No kidding! Piko does at least one Sun Salutation every morning. Kili likes the "Happy Baby" pose, which involves laying on one's back and rocking from side to side. She's pretty good, although - without the use of opposable thumbs - she has a hard time actually grabbing her knees.


At any rate, life is good here at the H. House.


T. and R. still travel often, whether it be for work or pleasure. And when they do, Aunty Liz takes over. When this happens, the dogs know three things for sure:


(1) They will be eating only their dog food - no scraps - because Aunty Liz has somehow mastered the ability to block out their precious gazes while (I'm) eating my human food.


(2) They will be on a strict exercise regime - a walk/run up the steep grade that forms our neighborhood - every day, no excuses! And


(3) They will be loved a WHOLE BUNCH!!!


Here are a few pictures from one of our daily walk/runs. (And a video - because R. doesn't believe me when I tell her the munchkins run UP that hill, right alongside each other, focused and charging ahead!). Enjoy!




1 comment:

naynaybird said...

OMG!! That is hilarious! I just love the video and you are so right on with Kili's thoughts! Too Funny! Piko and Kili are so lucky that they you, their favorite Auntie to spoil them, and keep them so healthy! It's the best piece of mind that when we are off island they are safe and loved there with you :-) Thanks for everything!!