Saturday, November 12, 2011

CONNECTiNG WiTH A HERO * 03.09.11

Dear Cesar, 

Dogs helped me heal through the worst devastation of my life. Just before midnight on New Year's Eve, 2004, I lost my beautiful Mom, 6 months after donating half of my liver to her. Because I was blessed to be walking dogs while she was ill, while I recovered from surgery and after she passed, I was able to grieve constructively, and brave indescribable pain in momentous ways. Moving with dogs across wild landscapes - playing freely, breathing deeply, sensing consciously - I turned absolute anguish into riches of spiritual currency. I will spend what I’ve earned paying forward the gift of healing.  
As a Millan Foundation Ambassador, I currently volunteer at the Hawaii Island Humane Society. Hawaii, while Paradise by most accounts, is sadly decades behind where animal welfare is concerned. Dog fighting only became a felony here as recently as three years ago. And attending dogfights remains legal to this day. Disconnect from primal beings contradicts the Aloha Spirit that defines these Islands. Therefore, I feel I am to utilize the healing power of this sacred place to progress the plight of its animals. I photograph the dogs at the HIHS as they run outside, in hopes that their adoptable dog profile photos reflect their precious, free spirits. My ultimate goal is to spearhead treadmill programs in shelters. This being part of a greater mission: to transform the perception of shelters-as-death-row-sentences, into the reality of shelters-as-fitness-rehabilitation-and-healing centers.
The Whisperer Within me has yet to surpass a few relentless limitations. But my divine instruction (as seen in my ever-evolving dog walking business, Frisky Fitness) is to help people lead happier, healthier and more active lifestyles, using the practice of being their dogs’ “Pack Leader” as a functional tool for personal success. I need your guidance, Cesar. I want nothing more than to excel at this discipline, in order to serve both people and dogs. But to most effectively fulfill my purpose, I need a superior confidence one can only gain by training with a master. No class or preordained certification can offer the kind of counsel I seek. What I need is a spiritual teacher whose particular enlightenment reflects the ultimate goals of my higher Self. Like The Karate Kid needed Mr. Miyagi, whose influence commanded the breakthrough of (Daniel’s) ultimate potential, Cesar…I need you

Should you embrace the idea of having a Whisperer's Apprentice, I promise you my energetic wealth in return: The full attention of my eager mind; the open channel that is my heart; the life-defining passion that courses through my lungs; and all the strength and endurance built into my animal body. Though petite in stature, standing 4'11" and weighing 101 pounds, my resolve to impact the world at its primal emotional core is no small force. Every labored breath of my life's treacherous, wondrous climb has led to this moment, when the most empowering challenge I can imagine would be to keep up with a pack like yours

They say, "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear". I pray that, as I envision you a professor of my soul’s graduate education, so shall you manifest.

Standing on the shoulders of giants,

Liz Rose Kover
www.friskyfitness.net




No comments: