Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Santa Paws was a Success!

12.01.10.

This year was Kona Humane Society's first go at having a SANTA PAWS event. Because I had already been volunteering at the shelter, photographing the adoptable dogs to "spiffy up" their image for potential adopters, I was asked to photograph the dogs with Santa.

Let me tell you, this was a challenging job for me! My "style" of photography - specifically pet photography - involves both me and the dogs, running around outside, capturing spontaneous moments. This job, on the other hand, required special lighting, a tripod, flash and attempting to get hyped up dogs to sit still while surrounded by a zillion new smells!

Thanks to Toby and Renee, I felt fairly confident by the morning of the event, that I had a sufficient understanding of how to use their crazy, out-of-my-league camera equipment. And over all, I think it ended up going pretty well. It has definitely been a major learning opportunity for me, and for that I am thankful!

We even managed to make some cash for the shelter animals; AND, through interacting with Santa Paws customers, I have been able to promote my website, pet care and photography services!



Below you'll find a 'taste' of the end result.

Happy Holidays, Dog Lovers!

Liz

* * *










No comments: